Data cleansing and standardization is an important aspect of any Master Data Management (MDM) project. Informatica MDM Multi-Domain Edition (MDE) provides reasonable number of cleanse functions out-of-the-box. However, there are requirements when the OOTB cleanse functions are not enough and there is a need for comprehensive functions to achieve data cleansing and standardization, for e.g. address validation, sequence generation. Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) provides an extensive array of cleansing and standardization options. IDQ can easily be used along with Informatica MDM.
This blog post describes the various options to integrate Informatica MDM and IDQ, explains the advantages and disadvantages of each approach to aid in deciding the optimal approach based on the requirements.
Informatica MDM-IDQ Integration Options
There are three options through which IDQ can be integrated with Informatica MDM.
- Informatica Platform staging
- IDQ Cleanse Library
- Informatica MDM as target
Option 1: Informatica Platform Staging
Starting with Informatica MDM’s Multi-Domain Edition (MDE) version 10.x, Informatica has introduced a new feature called “Informatica Platform Staging” within MDM to integrate with IDQ (Developer Tool). This feature enables to directly stage/cleanse data using IDQ mappings to MDM’s Stage tables bypassing Landing tables.
- Stage tables are immediately available to use in the Developer tool after synchronization eliminating the need to manually create physical data objects.
- Changes to the synchronized structures are reflected into the Developer tool automatically.
- Enables loading data into Informatica MDM’s staging tables bypassing the landing tables.